Parents Make a Difference!
Get involved with Good Shepherd Catholic School by dedicating your time and talents. Here are just a few reasons why it is so important!
Have a heart, lend a hand, and make a difference!
Your child benefits. Research consistently shows that kids whose parents are involved in their schools do better. They get better grades, do better on tests and have fewer discipline problems.
It is rewarding and feels great to participate. It is seeing the smile that shows you are making school a little more fun, and a child feel a little more comfortable in a learning environment. It is knowing you played a role. There are many rewards, both big and small, for those who get involved.
You will get to know other parents and make great friends. Its powerful to create a circle of friends around your school and parish, and having a shared interest is a good place to start. It also fosters connections between families within our parish and community. Volunteering provides another way to get to know school and support staff to better understand their needs and ideas.
Your help is always needed. Whether it is helping plan the next big event or providing support in the classroom, there are always ways to pitch in. There is a lot to be done and a lot of fun to be had!
School Council Members
- Kristen Girten – Principal
- Rev. Zach Etienne – Pastor
- Sara Rogier – President
- Jeff Rhymer – Vice-President
- Ann Piper – Secretary
- Brandee Schnarr – Early Childhood Education Coordinator
- Beth Keck – Finance Rep
- Tara Voliva – PTO Rep
- Ben Goedde – Athletics
- Mark Schuler – Technology
- Gen Caudill
- Marcy Groves – Legislative Liasion
- Sara Brown
- Michael Schaefer
- Beth Funk
The mission of our volunteer program at Good Shepherd is to facilitate and cultivate the partnership between the school and our parents. While working together, it is amazing to see our students thrive and grow.
- Lead Home Room Contact– Volunteers help coordinate events and projects in the classroom under the direction of the teacher.
- Food Service– Volunteers assist the Cafeteria staff in serving lunch to our students.
- Event Planning– Volunteers plan and promote our father/daughter and mother/son events.
- Health and Safety– Volunteers help administer and coordinate annual health screenings.
- Hospitality– Volunteers arrange staff luncheons, snacks for meetings, and assist with event planning.
To get started, contact the school office at 812-476-4477 or email Kathy Raley at firstname.lastname@example.org